Creating a delicious, vegan and allergen free meal couldn’t be easier with this vegan special fried rice recipe. Unlike a great deal of Asian food, it doesn’t contain soy, nuts, nut oil, gluten, meat or eggs, making it completely free of the most common food allergens, without compromise on flavour. This recipe serves 2 and takes just 30 minutes to prepare and cook.
Vegan Special Fried Rice – what you need:
1x medium white onion – chopped into small chunks.
2x medium sized carrots – chopped into small chunks.
1/2 courgette – chopped into small chunks.
1/2 broccoli – cut into small florets.
Handful of frozen peas.
8x oyster or shiitake mushrooms – quartered.
1x clove garlic – crushed.
1x piece of ginger (approx. 1 inch/2.5cm long) – cut into matchstick shape.
1/2 red chilli – sliced.
Handful fresh coriander.
1x tablespoon regular olive oil.
2x heaped teaspoons of The Food Beaver Oriental Seasoning.
150g rice (white or brown depending on your preference).
Medium saucepan with lid.
Vegan Special Fried Rice – what you need to do:
- Bring 300ml water to the boil in the saucepan for the rice. Rinse the rice under cold water in a sieve and add to the saucepan with a pinch of sea salt. Cover and simmer for approx. 10 minutes until the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked but firm. Brown rice may require longer.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in the wok over high heat then add the onions, carrots, courgette, broccoli, peas, mushrooms, garlic and half the matchstick ginger. Stir fry on high heat for approx. 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Sprinkle 2x heaped teaspoons of The Food Beaver Oriental Seasoning directly over the vegetables in the wok and stir.
- Once the rice is cooked, drain and rinse again with cold water until cool. This stops the rice from overcooking whilst stir frying later. Add the rice to the wok and stir fry on high heat for approx. 2 to 3 minutes until all ingredients are coated with the seasoning and heated again thoroughly. Season to taste if necessary.
- Serve into bowls and garnish with the remaining matchstick ginger, sliced red chill and coriander.
Tasty food made simple.
I hope you like this Vegan Special Fried Rice recipe, made with The Food Beaver Oriental Seasoning. As always, your feedback is most welcome so please comment below or get in touch at thefoodbeaver.com or through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Food Beaver.