Here’s how to make a delicious Tandoori Chicken Madras curry with Pilau Rice in just 30 minutes! Tasty food made simple.
This Tandoori Chicken Madras recipe serves 2 people.
Tandoori Chicken Madras with Pilau Rice – what you need:
2x diced chicken breast fillets
2x tsp oil
1/4 lemon juice
1x tbs plain yoghurt
50g salted butter
2x blended/finely chopped onions
600g chopped tomatoes
300ml boiling water
1/4 tsp salt
150g basmati rice
4x cardamom pods
1/2 tsp turmeric
1x mixing bowl
1x large saucepan with lid
1x small saucepan with lid
1x griddle or frying pan
Tandoori Chicken Madras with Pilau Rice – what you need to do:
1. Mix 2x teaspoons of Tandoori Seasoning into the diced chicken breast along with the oil and lemon juice. Then add the yoghurt and mix thoroughly. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge (any time up to 24 hours if required).
2. Add 50g butter to the large saucepan and melt gently – be careful not to burn. Then add the blended/chopped onions followed by 2x teaspoons of Tandoori Seasoning. Stir and brown gently over low heat for 10-15 minutes.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, stir and cover. Leave on low heat.
4. On a hot griddle pan or frying pan, sear the marinated chicken on all sides until slightly charred. Now add the seared chicken to the curry sauce and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
5. For the rice bring 300ml water to the boil and add 150g basmati rice. Then add the salt, cardamom pods and turmeric then stir. Cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes until the water has been absorbed and the rice is cooked but firm.
6. Serve into bowls, add a spoon of double cream to the curry and garnish with fresh coriander.
Tasty food made simple.
I hope you like this Tandoori Chicken Madras with Pilau Rice recipe, made with The Food Beaver Tandoori Seasoning. As always, your feedback is most welcome so please comment below or get in touch at thefoodbeaver.com or through:
The Food Beaver.