It’s not long until the weekend folks and there’s nothing better on a Friday or Saturday night than sharing great, tasty food with friends and family and spending some quality time together. This pulled BBQ chicken quesadilla recipe is sure to get your tastebuds tingling. Plus it’s really easy!
Pulled BBQ Chicken Quesadilla Recipe – what you need:
8x chicken thighs (with skin on and bone left in).
8x large soft tortillas (you can use corn, wheat or wholemeal).
1x large red onion.
300g grated cheddar cheese.
Sea salt and black pepper.
Non-stick baking tray.
Large non-stick frying pan.
Pulled BBQ Chicken Quesadilla Recipe – what you need to do:
1. Firstly turn your oven on to 200°C or 180° for fan oven. Alternatively you can of course fire up the BBQ!
2. Place the chicken thighs on the baking tray or BBQ with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Bake the chicken for 40 minutes making sure it’s cooked all the way through to the bone. Remove chicken from oven/BBQ and place to one side to cool.
3. Meanwhile, finely chop the red onion and grate the cheddar cheese.
4. When the chicken has cooled off slightly, remove the skin (unless you want to eat it!) and then with your fingers pull the chicken away from the bone and into small shreds. Leave to one side.
5. Take the large frying pan and place over a medium heat on the hob with a drizzle of olive oil. Place one tortilla in the pan and immediately cover (generously!) with grated cheese. Then sprinkle over some chopped red onion, then some chicken and finally a good squeeze of BBQ sauce over the top. Place another tortilla on top to complete the assembly process.
6. After 1 minute of cooking on one side, use a cooking slice/utensil to lift the bottom tortilla and check – if it has started to crisp and brown it’s ready for the other side. To cook the other side you can either place a plate over the top of the frying pan and flip the quesadilla onto the plate and then slide back into the pan, or you can simply place the pan under the grill (with a drizzle of oil on the tortilla) for another minute or two until crisp and brown.
7. Slide the quesadilla out of the pan and onto a large board or plate ready to cut and serve later.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for as many quesadillas you want to make and then cut each quesadilla into 6 triangles and serve on a sharing board/platter.
9. Tuck in!