There’s just something about chicken wings that taste so good when they’ve got a little kick! Here’s how to make delicious, hot and spicy chicken wings in 25 minutes.
This recipe serves 4 people as an appetiser or accompaniment to a main meal. Preparation time is just 10 minutes (plus any extra marination time) and cooking time is approximately 15 minutes, depending on the size of your wings.
Hot and Spicy Chicken Wings – what you need:
16x whole chicken wings.
4x heaped teaspoons of The Food Beaver Hot & Spicy Seasoning (approx. 30g).
1x small white cabbage – finely shredded.
2x tablespoons mayonaise.
1x lemon – cut into 6 pieces.
Sea salt and black pepper.
2x large mixing bowls.
Hot and Spicy Chicken Wings – what you need to do:
1. Trim off the inedible thin end piece of each wing (if it has been left on) and then make 3 or 4 scores into the skin/flesh on both sides with a sharp knife.
2. Add the wings to the mixing bowl and rub in the Hot & Spicy Seasoning, making sure you coat the wings thoroughly.
3. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and coat all the wings. Leave to marinate any time up to 24 hours if you can, otherwise you can cook straight away.
4. Once ready to cook, get your BBQ, oven, grill or pan up to a high heat (approx. 200-220°C) and then cook the wings for 2-4 minutes (turning once) to start getting the skin crispy. Turn the heat down to a medium heat (approx. 180°C) and cook for a further 12-14 minutes, turning once. Remove the wings from the heat to rest and check the meat is cooked all the way through before serving.
5. Whilst the wings are cooking/resting, add the shredded cabbage and mayo to the other mixing bowl and squeeze in two segments of the lemon and mix thoroughly. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
6. Serve the wings with a wedge of lemon and a generous helping of cabbage slaw on the side! You can always add some sweet potato fries to make into a delicious main meal.
Tasty food, made simple!
I hope you like this hot and spicy chicken wings with homemade cabbage slaw recipe, made with The Food Beaver Hot & Spicy Seasoning. As always, your feedback is most welcome so please comment below or get in touch at thefoodbeaver.com or through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Food Beaver.