These BBQ chicken kebabs are healthy, nutritious, very tasty and easy to make using The Food Beaver’s 100% natural BBQ Seasoning. Tasty food, made simple!
You can use a wide range of vegetables to go with the chicken, or of course substitute chicken for other meat, fish, vegetables or even tofu!
This BBQ chicken kebabs recipe serves two, takes just 15 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook. I certainly recommend marinating the chicken for at least 2 hours if you can but even 30 minutes will make a difference.
BBQ Chicken Kebabs with Chilli and Garlic Sauce – what you need:
2x chicken breast fillets – cut into large chunks.
1/2 yellow bell pepper – cut into large chunks.
1/2 red bell pepper – cut into large chunks.
1x medium sized red onion – cut into 8.
4x medium sized mushrooms – cut into halves.
Approx. 20g of The Food Beaver BBQ Seasoning (or season to your own taste).
2x lemon wedges.
2x Flatbreads or pitta breads.
Halloumi cheese (optional).
2x long kebab skewers.
For the chilli and garlic sauce:
3x tablespoons plain yoghurt.
1x tablespoon mayonnaise.
1x glove garlic – crushed.
1/2 large red chilli – finely chopped.
Juice of 1/4 lemon.
BBQ Chicken Kebabs with Chilli and Garlic Sauce – what you need to do:
1. Firstly, add The Food Beaver BBQ Seasoning to the diced chicken and coat thoroughly. Then add a drizzle of olive oil, mix, cover and leave to marinate for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours in the fridge.
2. Once the chicken is marinated, build your kebab skewers with a mix of chicken and vegetables. Drizzle with olive oil.
3. If using Halloumi cheese, thickly slice and also drizzle with olive oil.
4. Get the BBQ up to a high heat, add the BBQ chicken kebabs then move to area of BBQ with less heat or turn heat down and close the lid. Rotate after 5 minutes and close the lid again – repeat 3 times or until cooked through. Cook the Halloumi during last 5 minutes and warm the flatbreads/pittas.
5. Whilst the BBQ chicken kebabs are cooking, prepare the chilli and garlic sauce: add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix thoroughly. Add cold water to loosen or more yoghurt/mayo to thicken. Consistency should be runny enough to drizzle but not watery.
6. Once the kebabs are cooked, drizzle with the sauce, add a squeeze of lemon and serve with warm flatbreads or pitta.
Tasty food, made simple!
I hope you like this BBQ Chicken Kebabs recipe, made with The Food Beaver BBQ Seasoning. As always, your feedback is most welcome so please comment below or get in touch at thefoodbeaver.com or through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Food Beaver.