If you fancy something a little different on the BBQ this weekend, these authentic Tandoori Salmon Kebabs are a real treat and so simple to make using my 100% natural ingredients Tandoori Seasoning – contains absolutely no artificial flavours, colours or preservatives!
This recipe serves 4 and takes just 15 minutes to prepare, minus the marination time which can be any time up to 24 hours in the fridge. Cooking time is just 10-15 minutes.
Authentic Tandoori Salmon Kebabs – what you need:
4x salmon fillet portions – cut into large chunks.
2x red onions – cut into chunks.
1x red bell pepper – cut into chunks.
1x yellow bell pepper – cut into chunks.
8x medium sized mushrooms whole or 4x large cut in half.
Approx. 30g The Food Beaver Tandoori Seasoning (add more or less to suit your taste).
4x dessert spoons natural yoghurt.
Drizzle of sunflower or vegetable oil.
1x fresh lemon cut into wedges – for the garnish.
1x handful chopped coriander – for the garnish.
2x chopped spring onions (optional) – for the garnish.
Large mixing bowl.
4x large kebab skewers.
Authentic Tandoori Salmon Kebabs – what you need to do:
1. Put the cut salmon and vegetables into the mixing bowl then add the Tandoori seasoning and oil and mix through – this is to get the flavour directly onto the ingredients first.
2. Now add the yoghurt and mix again. Marinate in fridge up to 24 hours if you have time.
Note: be careful not to break up the segments of onion whilst mixing.
3. Layer the kebab elements onto the skewers with a good mix of ingredients on each.
4. Cook over medium heat on the BBQ or griddle pan until the salmon and vegetables are charred on the outside and soft in the middle. Tip: do not turn the skewers too often as this will reduce the desired ‘Tandoori’ style charring and flavour.
5. Serve and garnish with fresh lemon, chopped coriander and chopped spring onions.
Tasty food, made simple!
I hope you like this authentic Tandoori Salmon Kebabs recipe, made with The Food Beaver Tandoori Seasoning. As always, your feedback is most welcome so please comment below or get in touch at thefoodbeaver.com or through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Food Beaver.